Profile of Dr. Ritesh Agrawal, MBBS, M.S., M.Ch., F.A.I.S.
Dr. Ritesh Agrawal is a motivated, adaptable and responsible clinician and utilize the organizational and communication skills developed through his involvement with classrooms and patients. He successfully combined his studies with work and other commitments showing himself to be self-motivated, organized and capable of working under pressure.
He enjoy working on his own initiative or in a team. His aim is to become a dedicated Endocrine and Breast Surgeon who will care for the people of Mumbai, Maharashtra and India and to contribute academically with highest skills in the ever growing field of Endocrine and Breast surgery.
Dr. Ritesh Agrawal completed his Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch.) which is the highest qualification for a surgeon in India. He did his M.Ch. from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow, India which is among the Premier Institutes in the country.
He had been previously Assistant Professor in General Surgery at Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Puducherry (India).
Dr. Ritesh Agrawal has vast experience of working in top Institutes in India, some of which are Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, Indrapastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, Swaroop Rani Hospital, Allahabad, etc.
By settling in Mumbai, he has also become the first M.Ch. qualified Endocrine Surgeon of Mumbai and Maharashtra.
He also received the coveted Fellowship of The Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS).
He is currently working at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai which is again one of the best hospitals in India.
Besides Bombay Hospital, he is also associated with many other hospitals in and around Mumbai like Wockhardt Hospital, Fortis SL Raheja Hospital, Namaha Healthcare, Karuna Hospital, Lifeline Hospital, Cumballa Hills Hospital and Research Center, Nulife Hospital, Masina Hospital, Elizabeth Hospital, Sushrut Hospital, Sapna Hospital, MGM Hospital, Bhaktivedanta Hospital and Research Center, Ghodke Hospital, Panacea Hospital etc.
In his young age he has more than 35 International and National publications in journals of repute. He has also authored various books and book chapters and articles in conference proceedings. His publications are cited by various other authors too showing the good quality of his articles.
He has done a research on Pheochromocytoma which is a special disease of Adrenal Glands and is considered to be the first of its kind in the world. Due to this research, he had won several awards notably from International Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, Indian National Science Academy etc.
He is also an expert in Telemedicine and has the credit of becoming the first person in the world to do a thesis (dissertation) on Telemedicine at a medical superspecialty level.
He also won the Prof. S. Vittal Best Paper Award in Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons section at the 71st Annual Conference of The Association of Surgeons of India 2011, the Appreciation award at 73rd National Conference of The Association of Surgeons of India 2013, and the first Prize in Poster presentation at UPASICON 2006.
He is also winner of the prestigious Achiever Award of Junior Chambers International 2015.
Besides this, he is also on panel of reviewers of many reputed International and National Journals.
He is an expert in managing all kinds of thyroid diseases both medically or surgically.
For thyroid gland disorders, when operations are required, he can perform all kinds of thyroid surgeries.
- Sutureless Hemithyroidectomy
- Total Thyroidectomy
- Sutureless Total Thyroidectomy
- Minimally Invasive Thyroidectomy
- Minimally Invasive Video Assisted Thyroidectomy
- Endoscopic Thyroidectomy
- Robotic Thyroidectomy
- Surgery for Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroidectomy with Central Compartment Lymph Node Dissection
- Thyroidectomy with Central Compartment Lymph Node Dissection with Modified Radical Neck Dissection
- Retrosternal goiter excision by neck
- Retrosternal goiter excision by Median Sternotomy
Besides these, he is also expert in operations for other endocrine glands like Parathyroid, Adrenals, Pancreas, Thymus etc.
Dr. Ritesh Agrawal is an accredited speaker of the Maharashtra Medical Council and speaks regularly on Parathyroid, Thyroid, Adrenal etc. He has taken lectures for doctors and presented his research work in many National and International Conferences and Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs some of which notable are-
- International Telemedicine Congress 2011, Mumbai
- 13th Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons Congress, Singapore
- International Surgical Week 2013, Helsinki, Finland
- International Symposium and Workshop “Best Practices in Endocrine Surgery”, Lucknow
- 71st Annual Conference of The Association of Surgeons of India, Kochi
- 73rd Annual Conference of The Association of Surgeons of India, Ahmedabad
- 74th Annual Conference of The Association of Surgeons of India, Hyderabad
- 75th Annual Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, Gurgaon
- 17th National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, New Delhi
- Thyroid CME, Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
- Mumbai Thyroid Cancer Forum
- Thyroid Tumor Summit, SGPGI, Lucknow
- Parathyroid Tumor Summit, SGPGI, Lucknow
- Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons Annual Conference, Mumbai
Dr. Ritesh Agrawal is member or ex member of many International and National Professional Bodies some of which are-
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Thyroid Association
- European Network for the Study of Adrenal Tumors
- The Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Indian Thyroid Society
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- The Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai)
He is also active socially and has organized many medical camps, took health awareness lectures and also a part of organizing team in many conferences.
He is credited to open the first specialized Endocrine Surgery Consultation Clinic in West India.